The Carlyle Group Announces Third Quarter 2017 Financial Results
- U.S. GAAP results included income before provision for income taxes of $166 million and net income attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. of $45 million, or $0.43 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q3 2017
- $260 million of Distributable Earnings on a pre-tax basis for Q3 2017 and $0.75 per common unit on a post-tax basis in Q3 2017
- Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.56 per common unit for Q3 2017
- Economic Net Income of $203 million on a pre-tax basis and $0.56 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis in Q3 2017, driven by 3% carry fund portfolio appreciation
- Net accrued performance fees of $1.5 billion as of Q3 2017, up 28% over the last twelve months
- $8.4 billion in realized proceeds in Q3 2017 and $26.5 billion realized over the last twelve months
- $6.9 billion of invested capital in Q3 2017 and $20.8 billion invested over the last twelve months
- $7.1 billion in gross capital raised in Q3 2017 and $22.1 billion raised over the last twelve months
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2017.
Carlyle Co-CEO David M. Rubenstein said, “Carlyle is performing well across all metrics enabling us to declare a third quarter common unitholder distribution of $0.56. We are pleased to have resolved and put behind us all of the major challenges that we have faced over the past few years. This is the right time to announce a change in leadership, and we believe the best days for Carlyle are ahead of us.”
Click here to read the full third quarter earnings release.
# # #