The Carlyle Group Announces First Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- $129 million of Distributable Earnings on a pre-tax basis for Q1 2016 and $904 million over the last twelve months; $0.35 per common unit on a post-tax basis in Q1 2016
- Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.26 per common unit for Q1 2016
- $3.9 billion in equity invested in Q1 2016 and $11.3 billion invested over the last twelve months
- $2.2 billion in gross new capital raised in Q1 2016 and $0.1 billion raised on a net basis after redemptions; $17.6 billion in gross new capital raised over the last twelve months and $12.1 billion on a net basis after redemptions
- $3.2 billion in realized proceeds in Q1 2016 and $16.7 billion realized over the last twelve months
- Economic Net Income of $89 million on a pre-tax basis and $0.18 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis, driven by 1% carry fund portfolio appreciation in Q1 2016
- U.S. GAAP net income (loss) attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. of $8 million, or $0.01 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q1 2016 and $(50) million over the last twelve months
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2016.
Carlyle Co-CEO David M. Rubenstein said, “Despite the challenging market backdrop in the first quarter, we deployed a significant amount of capital, produced a reasonable amount of Distributable Earnings and positioned ourselves for strong performance in the coming quarters. We continue to manage our business with a long term perspective, however, the second quarter is already off to a good start.”
Click here to read the full first quarter 2016 earnings release.
# # #