- ABOUT CARLYLE
- Corporate Overview
- The Carlyle Edge
- Market Commentary
- Geographic Reach
- Portfolio Employees Map
- Industry Awards
- Corporate Videos
- Carlyle FAQ
Who We AreOur firm is global.Our expertise is deep.Our products are diverse.We work for our investors.We form partnerships.We invest wisely.We create value.
- OUR BUSINESS
Carlyle professionals collaborating seamlessly and selflessly across funds, industries and geographies to deliver the wisdom, knowledge and resources required to invest wisely and create value for our investors.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business practice and creates long-term value for our investors.
- MEDIA ROOM
- PUBLIC INVESTORS
- CREATING VALUE
Carlyle’s Global Alternative Asset Management Platform
We are one of the world’s largest and most diversified alternative asset management firms. We manage 118 distinct funds and 81 fund of funds vehicles that invest across four segments, 11 core industries and six continents. Our global size, scale and brand enable us to access opportunities in virtually every market around the world.
Corporate Private Equity
Global Market Strategies
- Buyout Funds. Our buyout teams advise a diverse group of 21 funds that focus either on a particular geography (Asia, Europe, Japan, Middle East and North Africa (MENA), South America, Sub-Saharan Africa or the United States), or a particular industry (e.g., financial services).
- Growth Capital Funds. Our nine growth capital funds are advised by three regionally-focused teams in Asia, Europe and the United States, with each team focused on middle-market and growth companies consistent with specific regional investment considerations. As of June 30, 2013, our growth capital funds had, in the aggregate, approximately $4 billion in AUM.
Carlyle’s Global Market Strategies segment, established in 1999 with our first high yield fund, has a group of 63 funds that pursue investment opportunities across various types of credit, equities and alternative instruments, and (with regards to certain macroeconomic strategies) currencies, commodities and interest rate products and their derivatives. These funds, with AUM of more than $35 billion and more than 200 investment professionals, include:
- Carry Funds. We have six carry funds in three different strategies: distressed and corporate opportunities (including liquid trading portfolios and control investments); corporate mezzanine (targeting middle market companies); and energy mezzanine opportunities (targeting debt investments in energy and power projects and companies).
- Hedge Funds. Through our 55% stake in Claren Road Asset Management, LLC we have two long/short credit hedge funds focusing on the global high grade and high yield markets. Through our 55% stake in Emerging Sovereign Group LLC, we have seven emerging markets equities and macroeconomic hedge funds. Additionally, through our 55% stake in Vermillion Asset Management, LLC, we have four funds focused on commodities investment.
- Structured Credit Funds. Our 43 structured credit funds invest primarily in performing senior secured bank loans through structured vehicles and other investment products.
AlpInvest has three primary areas of focus:
- Fund Investments. AlpInvest fund of funds vehicles make investment commitments directly to buyout, growth capital, venture and other alternative asset funds managed by other general partners.
- Co-investments. AlpInvest invests in specific deals alongside other private equity and mezzanine funds in which it has a fund investment throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
- Secondary Investments. AlpInvest also has funds that acquire interests in portfolio funds in secondary market transactions.