Carlyle Power Partners invests in power generation and related assets, primarily in North America. Carlyle Power Partners leverages Carlyle’s power platform, Cogentrix Energy, acquired from Goldman Sachs in December 2012.
Carlyle Power Partners’ strategy is to target investments in power generation in select regions where secular trends will drive growth and where the Fund believes opportunity exists to enhance the operational and financial performance of the assets. The Fund will typically target investments where it has direct or indirect operational control to facilitate the implementation of technical enhancements by the Cogentrix team.
Key elements of the Fund’s investment approach include:
- Opportunity identification across the combined networks of Carlyle and Cogentrix;
- Alignment of the Fund’s strategies and Cogentrix’s strengths;
- Extensive technical and operational due diligence performed by Cogentrix;
- Development of asset-specific value enhancement strategies; and
- De-risk assets during ownership to position for optimal exit.
The dynamics of North American power markets are shifting, creating a wide variety of opportunities across regions and technologies, both in terms of new builds and acquisitions of existing assets. The combination of Cogentrix’s technical expertise and Carlyle’s financial acumen positions Carlyle Power Partners to capitalize on the current trends in the power market.
|Jim Larocque||Principal||New York, NY||Energy & Power|
|Kevin McCarthy||Managing Director||New York, NY||Energy & Power|
|John Oldenburg||Vice President||New York, NY||Energy & Power|
|Matthew J. O’Connor||Managing Director||New York, NY||Energy & Power|
|Ward Young||Principal||New York, NY||Energy & Power|