The Carlyle South America Buyout group implements an opportunistic, multi-industry investment approach with an experienced and diversified team leveraging Carlyle’s global resources.
The Carlyle South America Buyout group implements an opportunistic, multi-industry investment approach with an experienced and diversified team leveraging Carlyle’s global resources. Carlyle established its South America Buyout investment operation in 2007, targeting investment opportunities primarily in Brazil and other select South American countries, including Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru. Carlyle’s approach in South America mirrors its method throughout the world: field a team of local investment professionals with intimate knowledge of the region and leverage the Carlyle platform, which features an extensive network, industrial expertise and operational know-how.
Solid Economic Fundamentals
The focus is on industries benefiting from what Carlyle believes to be solid economic fundamentals of the region:
- Growing middle-class
- Increasing disposable income
- Long-term competitive advantages
- Brazil is the world’s 7th largest economy with 2010 GDP of US$2.1 trillion (IMF, World Economic Outlook, April 2011)
- Lower private equity penetration compared to other markets
Banco do Brasil
In 2009, Carlyle formed a relationship with Banco do Brasil, one of the largest financial institutions in Latin America, to source and make joint investments in South America.
The South America Buyout Team Approach
- Value Creation Focus: Carlyle seeks to invest in sound companies and businesses with potential for value creation, supports their business and leads them to the next stage.
- Corporate Partnership: Carlyle teams with strategic investors when the partnership will add value to the portfolio companies.
- Mid- to Long-Term Investor: Carlyle investment professionals devote a significant amount of their time to maximizing the portfolio company’s value on a mid-to long–term basis.
- Consistent and Disciplined: We believe a consistent and disciplined investment philosophy produces the highest consistent returns. The South America Buyout team focuses on industries it knows best and seeks to structure its transactions with appropriate amounts of debt.
|Sebastian Barriga||Vice President||Lima, Peru|
|Fernando Borges||Managing Director||São Paulo, Brazil||Generalist|
|Sergio Carneiro||Principal||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Andre Domingos||Vice President||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Jaime Espinoza||Senior Associate||Lima, Peru|
|Juan Carlos Felix||Managing Director||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Fábio Kann||Senior Associate||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Andre Levy||Vice President||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Edson Peli||Director||São Paulo, Brazil||Generalist|
|Marco Peschiera||Managing Director||Lima, Peru|
|Eduardo Ramos||Director||Lima, Peru|
|Daniel Sterenberg||Managing Director||São Paulo, Brazil|