The Carlyle Japan Buyout team invests private equity in management buyouts, growth capital opportunities and strategic minority investments in Japan.
Japan has the potential to be one of the most attractive markets for private equity investments. The Japanese economy, the third largest in the world, is home to some of the world’s most successful companies with leading technologies, skilled labor forces and highly educated management teams. Organized in 2000, the Japan Buyout team works closely with company management and private equity investors alike to uncover investment opportunities that have arisen out of the continued need for global business expansion and a sophisticated management platform for speedy decision making.
- Japan Buyout Team: The team, all of whom are based in Tokyo, speak Japanese, understand Japanese business culture and provide support to portfolio companies.
- Global Network: Complementing the insight of the Japan Buyout team is the global investment experience and industry knowledge that The Carlyle Group’s more than 500 investment professionals have developed over the past 24 years.
- Pro-Management: The Japan Buyout team works closely and cooperatively with existing company management throughout the process. In principle, incumbent management teams will continue to conduct and manage daily operations of portfolio companies under the new ownership structure. At the same time, the Carlyle team works closely with portfolio companies to support implementation of effective operational, financial, and marketing strategies.
- Corporate Partnership: Carlyle is able to team with strategic investors in transactions, if we believe the partnership will add value to the portfolio companies.
- Mid- to Long-Term Investor: Carlyle investment professionals devote a significant amount of their time to maximizing the portfolio company’s value on a mid-to long–term basis.
- Consistent and Disciplined: A consistent and disciplined investment philosophy produces the highest consistent returns. The Japan Buyout team focuses on industries it knows best and seeks to structure its transactions with appropriate amounts of debt.
- Value Creation Focus: In general, Carlyle invests in sound companies and businesses with potential for value creation, supports their business and leads them to the next stage.
|Taisuke Asada||Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Ryota Haga||Senior Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Masaomi Imoto||Senior Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Taiji Isono||Vice President||Tokyo, Japan||Technology & Business Services, Telecom & Media|
|Hajime Kawafuji||Director||Tokyo, Japan||Industrial|
|Hiroshi Kawahara||Managing Director||Tokyo, Japan||Technology & Business Services, Telecom & Media|
|Eriko Kondo||Analyst||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Kohei Narukawa||Senior Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Toshihiko Nishizawa||Vice President||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Jumpei Ogura||Director||Tokyo, Japan||Industrial, Technology & Business Services, Telecom & Media|
|Hiroyuki Otsuka||Managing Director||Tokyo, Japan||Industrial, Transportation|
|Genta Saito||Director||Tokyo, Japan||Consumer & Retail, Healthcare, Technology & Business Services, Telecom & Media|
|Yuichiro Suzuki||Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Takaomi Tomioka||Managing Director||Tokyo, Japan||Consumer & Retail, Healthcare|
|Yusuke Watanabe||Director||Tokyo, Japan||Consumer & Retail, Healthcare, Industrial|
|Yuki Yabuuchi||Senior Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Kazuhiro Yamada||Managing Director||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Satoshi Yamada||Senior Associate||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|
|Tadashi Yoshioka||Vice President||Tokyo, Japan||Generalist|