The Carlyle Group Raises $2.2 Billion for Global Infrastructure Opportunity Fund
- Current Projects Include Terminal One at New York’s JFK Airport, a Crude Oil Export Terminal and a Crude Oil Transportation and Storage Services Company
- Fund Invests Primarily in Transport and Logistics, Energy and Power Infrastructure and Water and Agriculture Infrastructure
- Team Leverages Carlyle’s Operational Capabilities to Drive Value and Global Network to Source and Diligence Assets
WASHINGTON, DC – Global investment firm The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) today announced the final close of the Carlyle Global Infrastructure Opportunity Fund (“CGI”), a $2.2 billion fund that invests in infrastructure assets in OECD countries. It focuses predominantly on projects in transport and logistics, energy and power infrastructure and water and agriculture infrastructure.
CGI has closed or announced several projects in the United States, including:
- Terminal One at New York's JFK Airport,
- Lone Star Ports Harbor Island Crude Export Terminal, designed to be the first U.S. onshore export terminal to service fully-laden Very Large Crude Carriers, located in Texas, and
- Crimson Midstream Holdings, a provider of crude oil transportation and storage services in California, Louisiana and offshore Gulf of Mexico
Peter Taylor, Managing Director and Co-Head of the Carlyle Global Infrastructure Opportunity Fund, said, “Our team brings the full breadth of Carlyle’s industry expertise and global reach, including our strong network and presence in the United States, to find opportunities and drive value for each investment. We are working to become the partner of choice for communities and corporates worldwide.”
Andrew Marino, Managing Director and Co-Head of the Carlyle Infrastructure Opportunity Fund, said, “We see tremendous opportunity to upgrade infrastructure, particularly in the United States. Our team’s leadership and deep domain expertise give us the edge needed to perform for our investors as we participate in meeting a great national need.”
The Carlyle Infrastructure team includes 13 dedicated professionals located in Washington, DC who have more than 115 years of aggregate infrastructure and energy experience. The team is supported by several specialists in government relations, legal, fund management, tax and various corporate private equity functions, including carve outs, technology implementation and real estate.
CGI invests in businesses and assets that provide essential services, feature a dominant market position, have stable, inflation-linked cash flows and attractive regulatory environments as well as exhibit the potential for EBITDA margin expansion. The team’s strategy is to actively manage the assets in which it invests and utilize the value-creating approach used by Carlyle across its global private equity and natural resources investment platforms to drive incremental value.
* * * * *
About The Carlyle Group
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions. With $222 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2019, Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of our investors, portfolio companies and the communities in which we live and invest. The Carlyle Group employs more than 1,725 people in 33 offices across six continents.
+1 212 813 4578
# # #