2016-064

The Carlyle Group completes the partnership with Logoplaste, the global rigid plastic packaging producer

London, October 5, 2016 - Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group (Nasdaq: CG) and Logoplaste Group (Logoplaste) today announced that they have successfully completed the partnership agreement to support the continued growth of the Company. The transaction will reinforce the financial strength of Logoplaste and increase its investment capacity in the coming years.

Capital for this investment comes from Carlyle Europe Partners IV (CEP IV), a European upper-mid-market buyout fund.  CEP IV holds a 60 percent stake in Logoplaste. Current Logoplaste shareholders, Filipe de Botton and Alexandre Relvas, retain the remaining 40 percent.

Logoplaste is a global designer and manufacturer of value-added rigid plastic packaging solutions to a wide range of blue-chip clients, with its origin and roots in Portugal.  Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, the company reported sales in 2015 of €468 million and employs 2,000 people in 16 countries across 4 continents. 

###

About Logoplaste

Logoplaste is an industrial group, manufacturing rigid plastic packaging for many well-known global companies, in particular across the food and beverage, personal care, cosmetics, household care and oil and lubricants sectors. Founded in 1976, for over 40 years the company has pioneered in-house manufacturing with the "through the wall" concept, supplying plastic packages "just-in-time" from plants installed directly on the sites of partner clients. Logoplaste currently manages 60 factories, with locations in 16 countries: Brazil, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Poland, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam. The most up-to-date technologies in injection molding, stretch-blow molding and extrusion blow molding are used to produce packages across a wide range of market segments.

Web: www.logoplaste.com

About The Carlyle Group

The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global alternative asset manager with $176 billion of assets under management across 128 funds and 170 fund of funds vehicles as of June 30, 2016. Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, many of whom are public pensions. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Market Strategies and Investment Solutions – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation. The Carlyle Group employs more than 1,650 people in 35 offices across six continents.
Web: www.carlyle.com
Videos: www.youtube.com/onecarlyle 
Tweets: www.twitter.com/onecarlyle
Podcasts: www.carlyle.com/about-carlyle/market-commentary

About Carlyle Europe Partners

Carlyle Europe Partners (CEP) seeks to invest in mid-sized companies in Europe across a wide range of sectors and industries, accelerate their growth and support their efforts to expand internationally. The current fund is now the fourth in the CEP franchise. The fund is managed by a team of 39 investment professionals across five offices.  In total, over 140 investors from 35 countries have made commitments to the CEP IV fund. 

For more information:

Logoplaste

Magda Merali
Tel: +351 910 513 159 (mobile)
Email: magda.merali@logoplaste.com

The Carlyle Group

Carmen Basagoiti/Oscar Torres
Tel: +34 607 735 133 (mobile) or +34 91 702 71 70 (office)
Email: cbasagoiti@kreab.com / otorres@kreab.com

Catherine Armstrong
Tel: +44 (0) 207 894 1632 (office)
Email: catherine.armstrong@carlyle.com