The Carlyle Group Announces Second Quarter 2017 Financial Results
- U.S. GAAP results include income before provision for income taxes of $244 million and net income attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. of $58 million, or $0.59 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q2 2017
- Economic Net Income of $300 million on a pre-tax basis and $0.81 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis in Q2 2017, driven by 5% carry fund portfolio appreciation
- Net accrued performance fees of $1.6 billion as of Q2 2017, up 9% from Q1 2017 and up 46% from year-end 2016
- $199 million of Distributable Earnings on a pre-tax basis for Q2 2017 and $0.56 per common unit on a post-tax basis in Q2 2017
- Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.42 per common unit for Q2 2017
- $6.0 billion in realized proceeds in Q2 2017 and $26.8 billion realized over the last twelve months
- $3.4 billion of invested capital in Q2 2017 and $16.8 billion invested over the last twelve months
- $8.4 billion in gross capital raised in Q2 2017 and $18.1 billion raised over the last twelve months
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2017.
Carlyle Co-CEO David M. Rubenstein said, “Carlyle produced another strong value creation quarter, with our net accrued carry balance increasing 46% year to date. As a result of the strong performance we have delivered for our fund investors, demand is high for new funds. We raised over $8 billion of capital in the second quarter with acceleration likely in the second half of 2017.”
Click here to read the full second quarter earnings release.
# # #