The Carlyle Group Announces Leadership Changes in Corporate Private Equity
Washington, DC, April 16, 2021 – Global investment firm The Carlyle Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CG) announced leadership changes in Corporate Private Equity within its Global Private Equity segment, effective June 1, 2021. The following changes fully align what was formerly the firm’s US Buyout platform with its more expanded approach to investing in six core sectors across US Buyout and Growth strategies:
- Pete Clare, while maintaining his role as Chief Investment Officer for Corporate Private Equity, will serve as Chair of the firm’s integrated US Buyout and Growth platform.
- Sandra Horbach, Co-Head of US Buyout, will expand her role to include US Growth.
- Brian Bernasek, currently Head of Global Industrial and Transportation, will join Sandra as Co-Head of US Buyout and Growth.
- Martin Sumner, a Managing Director focused on investment opportunities in the Industrial and Transportation sectors will succeed Brian as Head of Global Industrial and Transportation.
- Upon the completion of the investment period of Carlyle Global Financial Services Partners III, L.P., Financial Services will be integrated as a sector within US Buyout and Growth and John Redett will continue as Head of Global Financial Services, adding a sixth core industry to the platform.
Leadership across the platform’s four additional sectors includes:
- Ian Fujiyama, Head of Global Aerospace, Defense and Government Services
- Patrick McCarter, Head of Global TMT- Technology and Business Services
- Jay Sammons, Head of Global Consumer, Media and Retail
- Steve Wise, Head of Global Healthcare
“As part of our strategic plan, we are committed to taking a full platform approach to investing across sectors and strategies, which we believe allows us to be more opportunistic and drive better investment performance over the long term,” said Carlyle CEO Kewsong Lee. “These organizational changes reflect our strategic direction and position Carlyle well for the future.”
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across three business segments: Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions. With $246 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2020, Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, portfolio companies and the communities in which we live and invest. The Carlyle Group employs 1,825 people in 29 offices across five continents. Further information is available at www.carlyle.com. Follow The Carlyle Group on Twitter @OneCarlyle.
Phone: +1 (212) 813-4815
Phone: +1 (212) 813-4839