The Carlyle Group Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results
- U.S. GAAP results included net income attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. common unitholders of $53 million and $238 million, or $0.49 and $2.38 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q4 2017 and 2017, respectively
- Economic Income of $366 million and $1.3 billion, and Economic Net Income of $1.01 and $3.47 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis in Q4 2017 and in 2017, respectively, driven by carry fund appreciation of 5% in Q4 2017 and 20% in 2017
- Distributable Earnings of $156 million on a pre-tax basis for Q4 2017 and $670 million in 2017; Distributable Earnings per common unit of $0.44 in Q4 2017 and $1.88 in 2017, on a post-tax basis
- Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.33 per common unit for Q4 2017; Aggregate distribution of $1.41 per common unit for 2017
- Net accrued performance fees of $1.7 billion as of Q4 2017, up 60% over Q4 2016
- $8.0 billion of realized proceeds in Q4 2017 and $26.0 billion realized in 2017
- $7.2 billion of invested capital in Q4 2017 and a record $22.0 billion invested in 2017
- $24.7 billion of new capital raised in Q4 2017 and a record $43.3 billion in 2017
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2017.
Carlyle Co-CEOs Kewsong Lee and Glenn Youngkin said, “We concluded 2017 with great momentum in all of our businesses. We had record activity across several dimensions during 2017, deploying $22 billion into new investments and raising $43 billion of capital across the platform. Our investment performance was exceptional with 20% appreciation across our carry funds, and we realized $26 billion of proceeds for our carry fund investors.”
Click here to read the full fourth quarter and full year 2017 earnings release.
# # #