The Carlyle Group Announces First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- U.S. GAAP results included net income attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. common unitholders of $34 million, or $0.30 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q1 2018
- Economic Income of $169 million on a pre-tax basis and Economic Net Income of $0.47 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis in Q1 2018, driven by 3% carry fund portfolio appreciation
- Distributable Earnings of $139 million on a pre-tax basis for Q1 2018 and $0.36 per common unit on a post-tax basis in Q1 2018
- Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.27 per common unit for Q1 2018
- Net accrued performance revenues of $1.8 billion as of Q1 2018, up 4% from year end 2017
- $5.6 billion in realized proceeds in Q1 2018 and $28.0 billion realized over the last twelve months
- $4.0 billion of invested capital in Q1 2018 and $21.6 billion invested over the last twelve months
- $7.7 billion in capital raised in Q1 2018 and $48.0 billion raised over the last twelve months
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Carlyle Co-CEOs Kewsong Lee and Glenn Youngkin said, “Carlyle is off to a strong start in 2018. We are benefiting from robust fundraising activity that is driving increased scale in our fund platforms and we remain on track to generate significantly higher Fee Related Earnings by the fourth quarter of 2018. Fund performance remains solid with first quarter carry fund appreciation of 3% substantially exceeding volatile public markets.”
Click here to read the full first quarter 2018 earnings release.
# # #