The Carlyle Group Announces First Quarter 2017 Financial Results
• U.S. GAAP net income attributable to The Carlyle Group L.P. of $83 million, or $0.90 per common unit on a diluted basis, for Q1 2017 and $81 million over the last twelve months
• Economic Net Income of $400 million on a pre-tax basis and $1.09 per Adjusted Unit on a post-tax basis in Q1 2017, driven by 6% carry fund portfolio appreciation
• Net accrued performance fees of $1.4 billion as of Q1 2017, up 34% from $1.1 billion at year-end 2016
• $55 million of Distributable Earnings on a pre-tax basis for Q1 2017 and $579 million over the last twelve months; $0.13 per common unit on a post-tax basis in Q1 2017
• Declared a quarterly distribution of $0.10 per common unit for Q1 2017
• $3.5 billion in realized proceeds in Q1 2017 and $28.5 billion realized over the last twelve months
• $4.4 billion of invested capital in Q1 2017 and $17.0 billion invested over the last twelve months
• $3.0 billion in gross and net new capital raised in Q1 2017; $14.7 billion in gross new capital raised and $11.1 billion on a net basis after redemptions over the last twelve months
Washington, DC – Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today reported its unaudited results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2017.
Carlyle Co-CEO David M. Rubenstein said, “Carlyle produced its second strongest value creation quarter since going public five years ago. Our portfolio performed well in virtually every sector and every region, appreciating by 6% and leading to a 34% increase in our net accrued carry in the first quarter. The long term strength of the underlying portfolio supports our goal to raise $100 billion in new capital by the end of 2019.”
Click here to read the full first quarter earnings release.
# # #