Gordon Coburn is an Operating Executive focused on the global technology, media and telecommunications sectors. He is based in Colorado.
Previously, Mr. Coburn was an executive with Cognizant Technology Solutions for 20 years, during which time he served as CFO, COO and President. Mr. Coburn helped to lead Cognizant’s evolution from a nascent IT outsourcing firm to a world-leading consulting and technology organization. During Mr. Coburn’s tenure, Cognizant successfully navigated the dot.com bubble, the financial crisis, increased competition, changing regulatory environments, and multiple technology waves. Through this changing environment, he helped Cognizant achieve impressive operating and financial milestones, including:
• Revenue: Increased to $13+ billion, from $25 million
• Market Capitalization: Increased to $34 billion, from a 1998 IPO value of $100 million
• Headcount: Increased to 255,000, from 1,000
• Countries of operation: Increased to 40+, from two
• Acquisitions: Completed 30+ acquisitions
• Financing: Completed an IPO (1998), and a split-off exchange offering (2003)
Mr. Coburn currently serves on the Boards of Carlyle portfolio companies ZeroChaos (Executive Chairman) and ProKarma. He is also on the Board of Exela Technologies (NASDAQ:XELA) and previously served on the Boards of Nasdaq-listed CEB and IGT until their sale.
Mr. Coburn earned a BA in History from Wesleyan University, where he serves on the President’s Advisory Council, and an MBA from the Tuck School at Dartmouth College, where he serves on the MBA Advisory Board.