- ABOUT CARLYLE
- Corporate Overview
- The Carlyle Edge
- Geographic Reach
- Portfolio Employees Map
- Industry Awards
- Corporate Videos
- Carlyle FAQ
Who We AreOur firm is global.Our expertise is deep.Our products are diverse.We work for our investors.We form partnerships.We invest wisely.We create value.
- OUR BUSINESS
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business practice and creates long-term value for our investors.
- MEDIA ROOM
- CREATING VALUE
“Our purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of an array of global investors, many of whom are public pensioners. We work for our investors.” Bill Conway, Chief Investment Officer
About Carlyle - Overview
The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with $178 billion of assets under management across 125 funds and 164 fund of funds vehicles. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,650 professionals operating in 36 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
We Work For Our Investors
More than 1,700 investors from 79 countries rely on Carlyle to achieve premium returns on their invested capital. Our investors range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Through an array of products and geographic specific-funds, we work to meet the dynamic needs of the world’s most sophisticated investors.
Four Business Segments
- Corporate Private Equity — buyout and growth capital
- Real Assets — real estate, infrastructure and energy and renewable resources
- Global Market Strategies — distressed and corporate opportunities, corporate mezzanine, energy mezzanine, hedge funds and structured credit
- Investment Solutions — gives investors access to the large and complex universe of alternative investment strategies — private equity and real estate
Carlyle Creates Value
Carlyle uses its One Carlyle global network, deep industry knowledge, Executive Operations Group and portfolio intelligence to create and execute a customized value creation plan for each of our corporate private equity and real asset investments.
Reach — One Carlyle Global Network
- More than 700 investment professionals on six continents with local knowledge and relationships
- Our professionals work together across funds, industries and geographies to help colleagues
Expertise — Deep Industry Knowledge
- Invest in sectors we know, and value depth over breadth
- Sectors of focus: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy & power, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation
Impact — Executive Operations Group
- 28-person team of Operating Executive Consultants — C-Level executives and sector specialists with an average of over 40 years' experience
- Advise Carlyle professionals through the investment process, from sourcing deals, conducting diligence, managing companies and exiting transactions
Data — Portfolio Intelligence
- Global portfolio of more than 275 companies and more than 250 active real estate investments as of March 31, 2016 generates real-time, actionable data
- Incorporate proprietary analysis of data into investment, operational and exit decisions